Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Leonardo

Meet my new friend, Leonardo.
Who knew a fish would be so hard to photograph! It took forever to get a shot where he wasn't blurred.

I got my first aquarium when I was 12, and have almost always had pet fish since then. I had an aquarium on my desk during my first time around at university, and he would keep me company while I was studying. When I moved across the country I left my aquariums at my parents' place under their care until I return. It's been almost four years and after reading a news article the idea of getting another fish stuck in my head.

There is a hotel where guests can have a goldfish as part of their room rental. Housekeeping takes care of him for you, so you don't need to worry. They found that having a fish to come home to at the end of day made the guest's stay more enjoyable because they had someone to talk to.

This got me thinking about how much better studying was with a friendly fish on my desk.

Hubby and I went to the pet store last night (after having the bowl set up for a few days) and he immediately took to this particular fish. On the drive home we shot name ideas back and forth until we landed on Leonardo - like the Ninja Turtle!